Here is where we celebrate everything we all get up to outside school!
You might get some ideas of hobbies and pastimes you could try yourself:
- Well done to Lara for swimming 25m.
- Congratulations to Lara who has had her cut off and has donated to the Princess Trust to make wigs for children with cancer.
- Lara has started rock climbing and has climbed 1a and 2a graded routes so far.
- Congratulations to Skye who won gold medal for her dance.
- Esmé Ridley-Smith from Hedgehogs class was presented with her Stage One First Aid Badge from Rainbows. This badge involved Esmé learning about what's in a first aid kit, how to treat a small cut or graze, about what happens if someone gets bitten, moods and how to kill germs to prevent people feeling poorly.
Rainbows is part of the Girlguiding organisation and Esmé is a member of the 1st Jarvis Brook unit that meets on a Friday afternoon.
- Lara Blythe was awarded a medal for playing and participating in the Rotherfield Football Club U8 team. She has had a fantastic year and learnt many new skills and gained confidence in playing in a team. She is looking forward to starting again in September.
Congratulations to Jack and Harry Turnock who had the end of season rugby awards at the weekend: Jack received the U10s Players player award and Harry got U8s Sportsperson of the year award. Well done boys.
Esmé from Hedgehogs was awarded her first medal from Rotherfield Junior Football Club over the Easter weekend as part of the end-of-season celebrations.
Esmé is part of the U6s group which are coached on Saturday mornings at Rotherfield Recreation Ground.
Over the season, Esmé has been learning ball manipulation techniques, dribbling, shooting at goal and how football matches are played. Well played Esmé!
- Maddison Gannaway and her pony Merlin who came second in their showing class on Easter Sunday and both have qualified for the big sunshine tour championships at hickstead in September. Well done Maddison.
- Congratulations to Skye Ward who was awarded a distinction in her ballet exam (the highest mark in her school. Well done Sky!
Well done to a few of the children from Ashdown Primary (Infant and Junior site) who participated in a fun run, to raise money for the Ukraine Emergency Fund, on Saturday 19th of March. They all worked so hard for such a good cause.
- Kaia-Grace competed in the Sevenoaks Dance Festival this weekend and was awarded 2nd place for her song and dance. She is very pleased with her silver medal and is looking forward to competing again soon.
- Congratulations to Sofia and Sienna who both competed in a Tetrathlon for Eridge Pony Club this weekend. Sofia had to ride, shoot, run 1000m and swim for 2 minutes. Sienna had to ride, throw, run 500m and swim for 2 minutes. They both came 10th individually in their age groups. Sienna’s team came 1st and Sofia’s team came 5th.
- Sofia, in 4Ginkgo, was invited to the AETA Taekwon-do awards dinner this weekend for being the 2020 under 10 winner. Congratulations Sofia, what an achievement.
- Kaia in Woodpeckers has been going to East Sussex Dance Studios since she was 2 years old and does ballet, tap and modern. On Saturday she took her first ever dance exam which was in her favourite genre; modern. She has been working really hard in her dance classes and at home to prepare for her exam. She did amazingly well and I’m pleased to say that she achieved ‘Distinction’!
- Penny P in Hedgehogs took her Taekwondo grading at the weekend and has successfully passed to Red Stripe. (mum is currently sewing the badge and ribbon on as we speak!) Congratulations Penny!
Congratulations to Matthew McLagan, who recently took part in the Irish Country Dancing British Open, with these fantastic results:
2 x 1st
1 x 2nd
2 x 3rd
He was very impressive!
- Both Sofia and Sienna Fuller competed at The AETA League Taekwondo Competition on Sunday 7 November.
Sofia gained a gold medal in sparring, a silver in special technique and a bronze in patterns.
Sienna gained bronze medals in sparring, special technique and patterns.
- These brave souls attempted the Downsman Challenge with their cub pack on Saturday, this is a hike up to 15 miles across the South Downs.
- Jack's team set off first and completed 9.5 miles and Freddie and Hayden's team set off a little later (they were attempting a marginally shorter 11miles) and achieved 5 miles before the event was called off due to the horrendous weather.
- This event has never been called off before for bad weather, and I know one year it was completed in torrential rain so the conditions yesterday must have been pretty dangerous for the organisers to do this to be fair.
- Congratulations to Skye in 3Tanoak. She competed this weekend in Disco and Lyrical. She won 2nd place in Disco with her ‘Ice Cream Freeze’ dance. She competes in the Junior section against children up to year 6. Skye dances with RB Arts Academy and has been dancing for 5 years.
- Congratulations to Lara in 3Hazel for receiving your 10m swimming certificate.