At Ashdown Primary School we believe the teaching and learning of science is key to understanding the world around us and to help prepare our children for the future.
We have chosen 2 children from each year group to be science ambassadors. They have been issued with an official lab coat, which they wear with pride!
Their duties include:
- to clearly explain what they have been learning in science each term using scientific vocabulary. This will be shared in termly meetings through use of their science books.
- to help with the organisation of science resources
- to assist teachers in setting up their classroom for science lessons
- to assist visitors around the school and discuss science at Ashdown Primary
- to feedback the thoughts and opinions of their class to science leaders/teachers
-to try out new science equipment
-help write the science news letter in terms 2, 4 and 6.