Welcome to rabbits class page on our school website.
Rabbits class teacher this year is Mr Allen.
The rabbits teaching assistant is Mrs Adamson.
Our year 2 Intervention teaching assistant is Miss Issacson.
Our Midday supervisor assistant is Mrs Thomas.
Our Term 6 topic is all about Amazing Africa!
We will look forward to lots learning about life in Africa for people and animals.
Watch this space for more photos :)
Our Term 5 topic is all about plants. We will be looking at the different parts of a plant, what is needed for a plant to grow and various other features. We are also very much looking forward to our trip to Wakehurst place. Watch this space for more photos :)
Our Term 4 topic Is Chocolate! We will be learning all about the history of chocolate and how it is made. Our reading and writing will be linked to Charlie and the chocolate factory.
We will also have a chocolate making and eating workshop at the end of term 4!
Our term 3 topic is all about toys.
The children loved the visit we had from The History Man were we learnt all about toys from the past. We especially loved playing with the toys.
A big well done to all the children who smashed their Year 2 Christmas performance :)
Our PE days will be on Wednesday this year. Mr Allen's planning, preparation and assessment time will be on Tuesday afternoons during term 1 where he will be out of class every Tuesday afternoon. The class will be covered by Mrs Piper who will be teaching the children music and Mrs Pullinger who will be teaching the children geography.
During Term 2 Mr Allen will be out of class on a Thursday afternoon instead of a Tuesday. Mrs Pullinger will be teaching the children RE and Mrs Heggie will be teaching the children History.
Our topic for Term 2 is Whizz, Bang, Pop! We will Focus on lives of significant individuals and special events: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder plot; Remembrance Day; WW1 - life in the trenches; Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
Our term 1 topic in class is all about recycling! We link a lot of our learning to recycling this term.
Please feel free to check the information for this term below alongside the home learning.
Please click the link below for this term's curriculum overview:
We have been looking at Eco - Superheroes this term and have had great fun designing, planning, making and evaluating our costumes!
We will have some pictures uploaded for you shortly :)
Here are some Photos of us as our Eco superheroes!
There will be no home learning set over the half term holiday.
- Home Learning due Friday 10th December
- Home Learning due Friday 13th May
- Home Learning due Friday 19th November
- Home Learning due Friday 20th May
- Home learning due Friday 3rd December
- Home Learning due Friday 6th May
- Home Learning Friday 5th November
- Home Learning set on Friday 14th January
- Home learning T2 Due 11th March
- Home Learning T6 Week 1
- Home Learning T6 Week 2
- Home Learning T6 Week 3
- Home Learning Week 1 Due 4th March
- Home learning week 3 Due 18th March
- Home Learning Week 3 due Friday 26th November
- Home Learning Week 3 due on Friday 28th January
- Home learning week 4 Due 25th March
- Home Learning Week 4 due Friday 4th February
- Home learning week 5 Due 1st April
- Home Learning Week 5 due 15th October
- Home Learning Week 5 Term 3 due Friday 11th February
- Home Learning Week 6 due 22 oct 2021
- Year 2 Home Learning Week 3 due 1st October
- Year 2 Home Learning Week 4 due 8th October